Wednesday, July 30, 2008

End of Michigan Trip

July 18-20

We left Toronto early in the morning in order to get back in time for the insurance adjuster to inspect Mom's roof.  On the way out of Toronto we almost had goose liver pate.  A Canada Goose stepped off the left shoulder and began walking through traffic...right in front of my car.  I couldn't swerve much because there was a tanker truck on my right.  That goose kept right on walking towards the car in some sort of  suicide mission.  I managed to get past it, but in my rearview mirror I saw it keep going across traffic.  I never saw it fly away, but I also never heard a crash either.

We got home about 2pm.  We had Chicken Coop Chicken for lunch which was nostalgic and met the adjuster.  On Saturday, Mom had a wedding to go to, but I got the chance to meet up with Chris Timmer (a family friend) and Saje (a high school friend).  It was a relaxing day.

Our road trip totals (according to the GPS) are as follows:
1794.5 miles driven
199 hours and 24 minutes total trip time
35 hours and 56 minutes total drive time
50 mph average driving speed

On Sunday, I left to return home to California and get ready for the next trip.

No comments: